John was elected to the Fontana City Council for a two year term in 1992, re-elected to a four year term in 1994, 1998, 2002, 2006 and 2010. His current term will expire in November 2018. Prior to joining the City Council, John served on the Planning Commission from 1988 to 1992.
John graduated from Chaffey College Fire Academy in 1972 and is retired from the San Bernardino County Fire Department with 32 years of service. John served 19 years as a Division Chief, including 15 years as the County Fire Marshal. In his last four years of service John served as the Valley Division Chief (Fontana, Bloomington, Muscoy, Grand Terrace, Devore, San Antonio Heights) and Chief of Support Services.
John attends Water of Life Church in Fontana and serves as the City Council Chaplain, beginning each Council meeting with an Invocation where he gives thanks to God for His blessings on Fontana. John has four grown children, Christine, Jennifer, Evan and John III and six grand children.
John is a member and Past President of the Fontana Rotary Club and is a member and current 1st Vice President of the Fontana Historical Society.
John represents the City of Fontana on the following Boards and Committees:
- San Bernardino County Transportation Commission (SANBAG)
- Inland Empire Utility Agency Policy Committee Member and past Chairman
- Omnitrans Board Board of Directors, past Chairman
- Fontana Housing Authority, Past Chairman
- San Bernardino County Flood Control (Alternate)
- Fontana Redevelopment Agency, past Chairman
- Fontana Fire Protection District, President