John Roberts - Fontana City Council.
John B. Roberts, Council Member, is currentlt President of the Fontana Fire Protection District and past Chairperson of the Fontana Housing Authority and the Fontana Public Financing Authority
John B. Roberts was elected to the Fontana City Council for a two year term in 1992, re-elected to a four year term in 1994, 1998, 2002, 2006 and 2010. His current term will expire in November 2014. Prior to joining the City Council, Mr. Roberts served on the Planning Commission from 1988 to 1992.
Mr. Roberts graduated from Chaffey College Fire Academy in 1972 and is retired from the San Bernardino County Fire Department with 32 years of service. Mr. Roberts served 19 years as a Division Chief, including 15 years as the County Fire Marshal. In his last four years of service Mr. Roberts served as the Valley Division Chief (Fontana, Bloomington, Muscoy, Grand Terrace, Devore, San Antonio Heights) and Chief of Support Services.
Mr. Roberts has four grown children, Christine, Jennifer, Evan and John III and seven grand children.
Mr. Roberts represents the City of Fontana on the following Committees:
- San Bernardino County Association of Governments (SANBAG) (Alternate Member)
- CSA 120 Etiwanda Preserve, County of San Bernardino.
- Omnitrans Board Member and past Chairman
- San Bernardino County Flood Control (Alternate)
- Mr. Roberts is also a member and past President of the Fontana Rotary Club
- Board Member, Valley Transit Agency